About Astia

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Why I Picked Astia In The Jungle Of Startup Accelerators, Incubators

“I made new friendships with CEOs from around the world building products solving a variety of problems.”

Published on: June 12, 2012 


By Poornima Vijayashanker (Founder & CEO, BizeeBee)

When I left Mint.com to start BizeeBee, a number of startup incubators approached me about joining.
While I liked the concept of having focused time to think, learn, and mentors who had help build some pretty amazing technology companies, I decided against joining an incubator.

I needed some time to myself, and quite frankly, I wanted the first six months of starting BizeeBee to be unstructured. Instead of spending time inside brainstorming, I got outside and met potential customers. I interviewed a number of them to understand their needs before a single line of code was written.

After the initial prototype was built, launched, and I had raised a seed round of funding an investor and mentor suggested that I look into Astia. I had heard about Astia before and had also seen many success stories come out of it.

Read the full original post on Women 2.0, here>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment